forgot password?

Welcome to Ask The Creators
Posted: 22 April 2015 05:48 PM  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2015-04-14

If the title wasn’t a dead giveaway, this is the forum where you… yes you… can ask the creators anything you want.

It could be about life, love or even better something about the game Super Dungeon Bros. We assume that is why you’re here.

Please make sure to follow the forum rules when asking questions.

The team will try their best to answer questions as quickly as possible, just please remember that the team is working on the game so please be patient.

Brofile

Posted: 14 May 2015 05:40 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-05-14

Right So, may as well kick this off with an origins story.
How did you all become members of this amazing adventure?
What course did you do ?

Brofile

Posted: 18 May 2015 05:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2015-04-17

O.K, I’ll bite!

Not too interesting, but my first foray into the games industry was applying to be a games tester and it began from there. My degree was a multimedia course, in which at the end of it we were allowed to pretty much do anything we wanted. So I made a game (that will not see the light of day, ever).

It has been known that games companies will accept interns, who, regardless of their degree, will hire the candidate based on their knowledge and enthusiasm about the area they are applying for. For smaller companies, being knowledgeable about a wide range of subjects will prove incredibly valuable.

To make this journey sound a little less dry, there were fierce dragon battles, talking dogs, a wish granting sage and a graduation ceremony.

Brofile

Posted: 24 June 2015 01:54 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-06-24

What inspired you guys to name the game Super Dungeon Bros?

Signature 

\“Wanna swim in your river - Be warmed by your sun\nBathe in your waters - \‘Cause you are the one \nI can\‘t stand the distance - I can\‘t dream alone \nI can\‘t wait to see you - Yeah I\‘m on my way home\”\n\n-Bryan Effing Adams!

Brofile

Posted: 23 July 2015 07:22 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-07-23

is there going to be any sort of leveling mechanic (like, say castle crashers) in this game?

Brofile

Posted: 23 July 2015 08:08 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2015-04-14

Yes. During a play through you will be able to level up your weapon using the gold collected during that session. The weapon level will only be for that play through. During the same game, if you make it to certain sections, you will also be able to collect shards. These shards can be used to unlock new weapons which will stay with you and not just the current play through.

Brofile

Posted: 24 July 2015 04:14 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-07-24

I’ve always been curious about a game’s beginnings, and the journey towards the final product. What was the initial concept for the game and who championed which mechanics as the concept was moved towards where it is today?

Brofile

Posted: 18 June 2016 12:40 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-06-08
ExileOC - 23 July 2015 07:22 PM

is there going to be any sort of leveling mechanic (like, say castle crashers) in this game?

Another way of “leveling” in the game is that every time you beat the boss of each world, you get a permanent boost to your character’s stats. Depending on which boss you beat, you get a permanent 1% increase to Gold Collection, Max Hit Points or Damage, to a maximum of +15% for each stat!

Brofile

Posted: 24 July 2016 10:18 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-07-24

Hi everyone!
I have tried the game on Gamepolis and I only can give my greetings to the developers. A friend and I have tried the game for 2 and half hours and there are not much bad things to say, except the unstable fps, some minor bugs and that play whit more than 2 players is impossible, but obviously that you are working on that, and I know that fix that is not easy.

I only have a few questions: How are going to be the on-line? and When we could try the beta? (Without pressure)

Sorry for my English
Thanks.

Brofile

Posted: 27 July 2016 11:29 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2016-07-27

Hey JM4000! Great to hear you played at Gamepolis! and hello back! wow - two and a half hours is a good amount of time! We really hope to be able to go into beta soon, a few more small bugs for the Bros to smash first but we’re getting closer. You’ll be able to play online and offline, so you and a friend can play and join a game with two other Bros online.

Great English - well done!
Neil

Brofile

Posted: 21 October 2016 05:50 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2016-10-15

Hey Bro/Devs :D

I have been trying to spread the word far and wide how good this game and your studio is. You guys hit my weak spot as far as genre (dungeon crawler) goes and you are sorta “indie” and your pr is pretty good, etc.

So my question is and I mean this in a very broad sense; whats next? I mean whats next if SDB does well; DLC perhaps? Or are you going to move onto a contract? Maybe a holiday? Or what? I really do hope SDB does well for you obviously.

I didnt think I would like it at first though just that cartoony style and TMNT dialougue irked me a bit. I heard it started from a game jam though so props for turning it into a fully-fledged game. \m/

Brofile

Posted: 23 October 2016 12:40 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-10-23

I found a few bugs

Image Attachments
BUG.jpg
Brofile

Posted: 24 October 2016 09:37 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

Thank you all for taking part in the Beta and feeding back. We’re now hard at work investigating all points - 8 more days until release!

Brofile

Posted: 03 November 2016 08:40 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2016-11-02

I’m new to the game only learning about it recently but I bought and love it smile I’ve made it to each of the bosses but only beat the Chillheim Boss so far. Anyways for my question.

Are there any plans to release more areas as DLC? Normally I don’t do DLC but really liking this game so new areas to play in would be cool wink

Brofile

Posted: 04 November 2016 08:43 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

Currently we don’t have anything to announce on future worlds. Our focus is to work on the initial feedback from players and make improvements whilst sorting some bugs raised. We’re currently working on lag issues and implementing 2 and 3 player online MP. You can keep track of the progress here http://www.superdungeonbros.com/forums/viewthread/3372/ smile Thank you for all your support so far!

Brofile

Developer Q&A ››