forgot password?

General feeback + suggestions
Posted: 27 November 2016 05:57 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2016-11-24

Hi Bromrades,

after a playtime of about 40h (about 34h solo, 4h local and 2h online), all weapons and helmets unlocked and normaly successful in Cryptheim, Chillheim and Bogheim (solo), I want to write some kind of review about how I feel the game behaves (or should behave) in my opinion. Just for you knowing what I am talking about: Most of the time I will write about my solo player experience, otherwise I will give you a hint that I am talking about the gameplay of another mode.
But first things first.

After starting my first game and choosing a random character (they differ excusivly in colour) in the first line of the menue, I tried to change the second line without any effect. This is the line for hats, also just cosmetical and needed to be unlocked, too (not even mentioned anywhere but the bro shack).
In the third line you are obviously able to change your weapon. At the beginning you can choose between The basic sword and crossbow. Because my first game was before the patch release the crossbow was nearby worthless and so I slayed my way through the dungeons with the sword for several times to get enough shards, needed to unlock weapons and helmets

After a while testing how the game works it turns out, that there are several game mechanics not explained or even mentioned in the tutorial. On the one hand it increases enthusiasm to understand all the mechanics to get the ‘most’ out of the game, on the other hand it is kind of disappointing not to understand something you are observing and studying every game.
Sidenote: It is not necessary to understand the whole game perfectly to play and beat it.

After my first local game with some of my friends, one of them said after the first few minutes: “This is like ‘Enter the Gungeon’ with less weapons, no items but with much better graphics and gampeplay…in short: innovative for a trail’n'error game”
And I totally agreed to his statement. It is really nice to try out tactics, shouting each other what they are doing wrong and starting over again. This is where the fun begins.

After playing alone again for a while, it turned out that there are weapons more effective in solo game than others. Ok, I guess the thing about it is that this is a teamplay based game…some weapons are doing more damage, others are better for supporting your team. But never the less it can be very frustrating testing out new, unlocked weapons in solo game, just struggeling to get to next dungeon. But everyone will find his favourite one…which can be boring at some time.

Now, at a time where the last patch was released for steam (at this point I have to mention that I installed steam only for THIS game until now) I tried to comprehend all important fixed issues….And yes, it seems to work…and I am wating for more. =)
If you are still reading, I want to congratulate and thank you the same time. Even if some things sound a bit unlikely, I am really enjoying it and totally like this game. But now I have to mention the (just for me) worse things which, I hope, will get better soon. I will try to keep it listed in a way, so that it does not become too derogative.

The online mode:

- Pushing the match button in the online lobby starts the team composition. As soon as someone else does the same you will be put into the same group and then the time starts to run from 30 to 0.

The point of not waiting as long as there is a total four players to start the game definitely IS a good idea. But I really dislike that you have no option or ‘vote’ to extend the time so you don’t have to play with just two players.

But most of the time nothing happens. Once I started the matchmaking and then changed to desktop to look something up. I totally forgot that I was looking for a game for about 2h, SDB still waiting in the taskbar (Sidenote: It would be really great if there would be a sound everytime a player connects to your group).
But after I got the game back up it was still looking for players, so really nothing has happened in the meantime. In my opinion this is as well awkward as terrifying…You need to play alone or local as long as there aren’t more players on windows on the one hand, or crossplay is implemented on the other hand (of course both is desirable, but there is just one thing the developers can do).

*EDIT*Fact: Gametime depends on how fast you want to go through a dungeon. In my opinion in depends between 25 to 45 mintes. Many Players looking for an online party will turn to solo (or local) after a few minutes. So instead every player passes another, a continual online search in background from where you can get into the online lobby within the game was nice*EDIT*

Although there is a possibility to give four ‘commands’, I would also like to have some kind of chat. Not during game, even though it would be helpful from time to time to explain bosses or whole levels or strategies. But what comes to my mind is a chat during matchmaking as well as during the 60s at the end of each level.

General gameplay:

- Most of the time the abilitys of the different weapons can be derived by ending the first dungeon. Also there is a short overview about the weapons abilitys (and stats) in the bro shack. But the ultiamtes are ever the same and, at least in the beginning, every one but the sword’s bladestorm was hard to guess what it is ‘really’ doing

A variety of different ulitmates for matching up with the Bros’ weapons and ultimates would be a great feature which gives many possibilities not only for beating the game, but also for designing levels and personalizing the game.
It would help new players (and possibly some advanced ones, too) if you would add the skill table from the end of each level to the bro shack or even the lobby, so everyone can see the abilities of the selected weapons and what skills you can expect in t

Brofile

Posted: 27 November 2016 05:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-24

- There is a total of 16 weapons, sorted in 4 categories: sword, hammer, crossbow and wand

For the beginning this is very nice, but it does not take really long to unlock them all and the variety is very limited. At this point I want to remind you to what my friend said (read the introduction again ^^ ).
In other words: I need more…of everything! Not just to unlock things (But this is what keeps the game going), but it would be so great to have a pool of dozens of weapons and especially extra items, related to the orbs you can collect, but more for an active usage.

- The thread meter

It’s a bit confusing….I really get the general idea of this, but whis is what I recognize the whole time:
1) The meter, devided to blocks, is rising slowly from minute one on
2) every full block the screen flashes red and a wave of creatures, increasing with the numbers of full blocks, appears and head to you.
So far, so good…but this is where the mystery begins

Sometimes the meter rises very quick and you get one wave after another until the meter is full. Then creatures spawn continuously.
But at a time I am at good life and want to farm some more gold due to waves I run through the whole dungeon for the thread meter to claim a millimeter. I totally don’t understand that behaviour and it is not mentioned anywhere in the game

- opponents spawn across the whole dungeon, especially in larger areas where the gates were closed and you have to beat them all until the gates will open again. In addition creatures spawn at every full block of the threat meter, as mentioned in the last passage

This is what makes the game interesting…but even there is a lot of beer to recover your health, I am missing the possibility of dodging attacks of whole groups. Of course you can dodge…but locked up in a small room with a bunch of creatures makes it impossible to avoid even some of their attacks from time to time

- shards

As already mentioned I’ve unlocked every weapon available. But now I’ve got about 100 blue shards, 80 green and 6 yellow. I want to say: if it was your intention to regulate the total income by cutting back the amount of one shard type, you have done your job very well with this. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit unbalanced

*EDIT* There are Spheres which contain a passive ability to give your Bro a bonus. These Spheres drop out of chests or creatures and are reserved for a certain player color, indicated by the spheres’ colour *EDIT*

These passive abilitys can be really mighty, depending on which abilities you get. At the moment I think it is random where and when such a sphere drops, except at some mini bosses where it’s kind of guaranteed. So it can happen that you complete a whole dungeon and fight a boss with just 3 - 4 passive abilities, or you have about 10 on the second stage. Also because you don’t know what’s in the spheres, they can be kind of useless. Even for multiplayer I would try to abandon the spheres’ colours and let the party know which ability is in it, so that the group has to decide who will get the most out of the extra ability.

Even though all these abilities have unique icons and are explained shortly in the top of the screen as you pick them up, it can be really annoying to have no possibility to look up all the abilities you have already collected. I mean: If there are about 10-15 icons in the top bar I can remember about 3-5 which ability it is and have to find out by myself again what i can do with the rest and what advantage i get from these. This could possibly be solved by adding something like a ‘Brocyclopedia’ where you can find the list of your already collected abilities with their despricption given at the time of collecting. (Sidenote: I am playing this game in german and the translation sometimes doesn’t even give a hint what it will do ^^)

- helmets are funny for cosmetical variation. But it is not worth to spend shards in them until you’ve unlocked every weapon

I would intend so add some modificators to them (as well positives as negatives at the same time) so that you are able to personalize your Bro to your own gaming behaviour. In addition this can be done by adding a greater armory (i.e. Armor, boots, gloves), related to other games.

If you made it to this point i want to thank you for reading again!
Of course there are more things on my mind, but some of them were mentioned before and will be patched later on.

I want to apologize if this mixture of review and suggestions looks like it’s a bad game…but this is not my intention!

The fact, I wrote almost 2000 words, should show you that I really like this game and just want to help making it better for me and all other players.

Feel free to refer to this post, I hope you appreciate my ‘work’.

I hope that even the mods and devolpers will go into it and I am looking forward your comments.

You are allowed to keep mistakes, misspelling and every phrase which is wrong xD

Greetings from germany,

Fabs

Brofile

Posted: 28 November 2016 09:41 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2016-07-27

This is fantastic feedback for us to digest - thank you very much. I’ve passed onto the whole team and we’re going to look through all your points smile I’m also going to PM you….

Brofile

Posted: 28 November 2016 11:01 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-24

Thank you very much for your praise! If you like to (and I’ve got time), I can add some edits from time to time to improve the list (and keep you working xD)

Brofile

Posted: 28 November 2016 11:15 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

Keep it going smile Did you get the PM? wink

Brofile

Posted: 28 November 2016 11:35 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-24

Yes, I did. Thanks, I stay tuned for more wink

Brofile

Posted: 28 November 2016 04:04 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-24

first edit done

Brofile

Posted: 30 November 2016 08:35 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-24

edit 2

Brofile

Posted: 20 January 2017 12:12 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

Hi Bros and Broettes! We have lots of exciting updates incoming - including the much anticipated Xbox upgrade. This has always been a community project, and your feedback has already changed how we are approaching the Bros. With that in mind, we want to know - what else could we do? What changes would you like to see made? We’re listening to each and every gamer and you can comment here to help shape the future of Axl, Lars, Freddie and Ozzie. Thank you.

Brofile

Posted: 27 February 2017 03:34 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-02-27

Some great tips here Newbie, thanks for the big write up! Only 10 hours or so for me, Ive been playing on xbox with my daughters (thanks for the Broettes, they love them), just wanted to throw in a few cents worth too.

- Character Select -
It would be great if you could have a method for your favourite (or last used) character, helmet and weapon was saved rather than always defaulting to the first character, no helmet and the starting sword. A little thing I know but sure would speed up starting a new game.

- Upgrades -
I know it shows what an upgrade is when you pick it up, but in the heat of battle its easy to miss. Would be great if when you hit the Start button it would display what active bonuses you have (incl shrines) on the same screen as the current missions.

- Passive Bonuses -
How do you unlock the extra passive bonuses? Is it just repeat finishing of dungeons? I’ve beaten the dungeons more than once now but only seem to have just the 1% unlock.

- Cutscenes -
From my daughters: Any plans to include the Broettes into the cutscenes? They don’t understand why when they play as the girls, they get the guys at the end after beating the boss.

Brofile

Posted: 27 February 2017 10:41 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts! It’s much appreciated by the team! I’m going to pass on your suggestions to the dev team. RE the extra passive bonuses, the unlock keeps stacking - you can track this via the broshack, once you collect 15 you max out the passive bonus for that world (each world has different passive bonus) and each bonus is permanent smile

Brofile