forgot password?

A lot of unexplained stuff…..bro
Posted: 02 November 2016 05:31 AM  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2016-11-02

Got SDB through Games with Gold today and over all I love it. So far my main complaint would be how almost nothing is explained in the Bro Shack section of the game. What are Rock Stars?? Do the different helmets do anything or are they just for show??

And while I’m voicing my inquiries, being able to actually build a character in a solo mode would be cool. Along with weapon drops and actual upgrades to them instead of end of depth buffs.

That’s all for now

Brofile

Posted: 02 November 2016 11:35 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2016-07-27

Hi, the Bro Shack is your destination to update your weapons, unlock new characters (The Broettes are free right now until the 15th!)

Helmets are a fun way to spend your hard earned shards. They don’t have an impact in game, other than looking really cool! Cone head is our favourite!

The Rockstars are albums that you collect in game by defeating the boss of each level. Each world has 15 to collect. Once you have all the records a reward for that world will be unlocked, such as +1% max health.

Great ideas in the character building and weapon drops. We’re taking in all feedback and reviewing, so you never know!

Have you been online yet to play with other Bros/Broettes?

Thank you

Brofile

Posted: 02 November 2016 04:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-02

I have but every time I do someone lags out and can’t finish the level. I love the concept and continue to play local alone.

Brofile

Posted: 02 November 2016 05:55 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

oh no! What console are you playing on? Hopefully some more Bros and Broettes will join you soon!

Brofile

Posted: 04 November 2016 04:38 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-11-04

Hey,

To be honest - I wanted to really like your game as I find the aesthetic appealing but I am just absolutely lost as to how this game is supposed to be played.

There are too many enemy types introduced really early on that are punishing and or too grindy to make the Rogue elements enjoyable. Having those flying demons able to hit you from across a level with the beam (no matter the elevation - unlike your own ranged weapons) and also have a short range dodge ability just feels like you are empowering the enemies in a way that the main characters never feel empowered. Reloading on already weak weapons, having hit collision on the dodge feature, the slowness of the dodge response in the first place just make both the ranged and meless character behave nothing like other games and ther is no explanation for this that makes you understand how to approach the game.

The things the original poster is asking about is interesting because I am unable to get past the moment-to-moment confusion of the title to even wonder about this stuff, which suggests that there is meat on the bones.

I would really like to see a bunch of videos from the developers, or an expert at the game, explaining how to take on the different early enemy types because right now I am just not enjoying the game at all due to the challenge feeling ‘unfair’. That or you really need to tweak things like the mobs (described by your forum as easy to kill - if it takes two hits with the basic weapon’s light attack, that is frustrating), the enemy routines and possibly how they spawn.

Also, if you are going to have a threat meter that increases over time, don’t lock players in arenas. It is just another layer of confusion to be added to this game - it is telling me I should hurry but then expects me to coordinate on puzzles and fight through waves of enemies.

Brofile

Posted: 04 November 2016 09:33 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-27

Hey BADGERCOMMANDER,

Thank you for giving Super Dungeon Bros a try and for taking the time to give us your feedback - we really do appreciate it.

We are looking at the Dodge feature and ways of improving and we are currently producing a range of videos explaining the game and giving tips. I’ll pass on your views to the Dev team who are currently working on a number of fixes, which can be tracked here http://www.superdungeonbros.com/forums/viewthread/3372/

I hope this helps for now. If you have anymore thoughts, please simply reply here and we’ll pick them up and investigate.

Thank you

Brofile

Posted: 05 November 2016 04:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-11-02
badgercommander - 04 November 2016 04:38 AM

Hey,

To be honest - I wanted to really like your game as I find the aesthetic appealing but I am just absolutely lost as to how this game is supposed to be played.

There are too many enemy types introduced really early on that are punishing and or too grindy to make the Rogue elements enjoyable. Having those flying demons able to hit you from across a level with the beam (no matter the elevation - unlike your own ranged weapons) and also have a short range dodge ability just feels like you are empowering the enemies in a way that the main characters never feel empowered. Reloading on already weak weapons, having hit collision on the dodge feature, the slowness of the dodge response in the first place just make both the ranged and meless character behave nothing like other games and ther is no explanation for this that makes you understand how to approach the game.

The things the original poster is asking about is interesting because I am unable to get past the moment-to-moment confusion of the title to even wonder about this stuff, which suggests that there is meat on the bones.

I would really like to see a bunch of videos from the developers, or an expert at the game, explaining how to take on the different early enemy types because right now I am just not enjoying the game at all due to the challenge feeling ‘unfair’. That or you really need to tweak things like the mobs (described by your forum as easy to kill - if it takes two hits with the basic weapon’s light attack, that is frustrating), the enemy routines and possibly how they spawn.

So much this too!! The game is meant to be played with a team but I feel if we want to play solo like I am because of lag issues then I should have a fighting chance which I don’t lol.

Also, if you are going to have a threat meter that increases over time, don’t lock players in arenas. It is just another layer of confusion to be added to this game - it is telling me I should hurry but then expects me to coordinate on puzzles and fight through waves of enemies.

Brofile

‹‹ Matchmaking Broken      Love it but... ››